Separating SAlt and Yeast

Pam Drake <pamdrake@valleynet.com>
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 16:17:18 -0700 (PDT)
v096.n016.2
     How does one keep yeast and salt separate?  I have been experiencing
problems with loaves which either rise too high or do not rise at all.  I
have been considering modifying the amount of water as per manufacturer's
suggestion; and have read the
discussion of lessening yeast quantity.  I have also been attempting to
keep flour and other dry ingredients away from water by stacking dry
ingredients on one side of the pan.  Now, where would the yeast go?

     I am a blind person; and perhaps I am having trouble visualizing the
"layout" of the ingredients; so if anyone would like to post privately to
me, please fee lfree to do so.  In this regard, I hope you will forgive if
this question appears to be a negation of what should be obvious.  To me,
it is not.

     Thanks so much.
                                        Pam Drake <pamdrake@valleynet.com>