[no subject]

Fri, 14 Jun 1996 22:57:05 -0700
v096.n019.8
From: ad707@freenet.carleton.ca (Allan Topp)
Subject: The fork in the road
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 00:57:47 -0400

This long time lurker has been persuaded to come out of the closet.

A West Bend bread machine was part of the Christmas gift giving in 1994.
And what a great gift it has been.  Even the way that West Bend handled
their recall last summer was done so very well.

However, a problem (that I'm assuming you all have had or are going to
have but I don't recall being mentioned here) that I do have is the
increasing tendency of the loaf to stick in the pan.

The last episode was the loaf ripping in two.  Still delicious despite its
unattractiveness.  The manual gives no advice as to remedial action which
prompted a call to their 800 number.  Their advice?  Replace the pan.
Which happens to come with a new paddle!  West Bend seem to think this just
a regular, justifiable part of machine bread making.

Before I cough up the $50 that they are looking for (reality check here -
about 30% of the cost of a new machine!)  I thought I would check with you
good people.  Is it justified?  Is there another way?

Thanks for your anticipated help.

--
     War is not about who is right.  Rather it is about who is left.