Valtrompia Bread

Patty Perkins <Pperkins@cris.com>
Sun, 21 Jul 1996 08:26:35 -0700
v096.n027.2
Lynne:

Saw your message in Bread-Bakers Digest, and my guess is that you have
the Valtrompia Bread tubes that Pampered Chef make maybe? (About a 1-foot
long decorative, aluminum tube with a cap on each end?)  If so, I have
one of them as well, and so does my sister.  Although mine came with a
recipe, basically you can use any bread recipe in them.  You can also use
pre-made frozen bread dough or refrigerated dough, some cake mixes, or
just about anything (denser breads and cakes work best).  After baking,
you just slice the bread into small slices and use it for 'cocktail'
bread to put spreads on or whatever.

We had a surprise 40th birthday party for a friend last weekend for about
50 people, and I ended up in charge of the cocktail breads -- made about
5 different kinds and it worked great.  I just made the dough in my bread
machine, let the second rise finish on the kitchen counter, and baked
them in the tubes (of course, I spend ALL day Saturday baking . . .).

Something else that I've found that works pretty slick is if you buy the
cinnamon-rolls that come in a tube at the grocery (i.e. Pillsbury or
house brand).  One tube is perfect for the bread tube, and you have nice
little 'cinnamon swirl' canapy bread when you're done with next-to-no
effort involved!

If you don't have the instructions for your tube, let me know and I can
send you along the instructions that came with mine.

Hope that helps!

Patty
Omaha, NE