Potato flakes

sue@interport.net (Curly Sue)
Sun, 28 Jul 1996 10:33:48 -0400 (EDT)
v096.n028.3
>From: Loiscon1@aol.com
>Subject: bread digest response
>Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 17:22:43 -0400

>LG Moyer asked about potato breads and rolls. You cannot substitute potato
>flakes for flour in recipes. You probably can find potato flour at King
>Arthur 1-800-827-6088  Have seen it at health food stores too.

This might need some expansion.

I have several recipes for potato bread that call for potato flakes/buds and
they come out very well.  The potato material is used in addition to regular
flour along with extra liquid or are first reconstituted.

Potato flour is made from whole, dried potatoes, so I don't understand why
there would be a difference in making bread with it compared to flakes or
how it could substitute for regular flour since it doesn't have the
gluten-forming proteins.

Sue
Girls just want to have fun!
As you climb up the ladder of success,