recipe: oat and onion bread

LIR119@delphi.com
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 18:02:01 -0500 (EST)
v096.n028.9
Here's a recipe a friend gave me. Its most delicious warm. Funny thing that
when we both owned Dak machines I always had to increase the flour!! we
compared notes and used different brands of flour and yeast.
I wanted to note this as some people who email me re my recipes for advice
wondering why the bread doesnt come out as desribed.

I always remind people: use bread flour, makes sure yeast is fresh and no
matter what the recipes says add more flour or water whatever the case so
the dough ball is soft, pliable a touch tacky but NO DOUGH STICKS ON THE
FINGERS. Please also follow manufactures instructions on how to add
ingredients.
Without further adieu for my breadmachine friends:

JEFF'S OAT AND ONION BREAD
1 pkg active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups quick rolled oats
2 1/2 cups bread flour ** I use 3 cups+
1 cup oat bran
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
1/4 cup dehaydrated chopped onions
1 pkg Lipton onion soup mix
1 tsp salt
2 tbs honey
2 tbs oil
2 1/2 cups warm water

Add ingredients as manufacture instructs and push start for regular bread
mode.
Best served warm but wonderful toasted when cold
Note: Jeff also has put in chunks of meat or cheese, or even cinnamon and
raisins for variations.
** I find his dough much to wet! I use 3 cups+ of bread flour.Ive tried
reducing the water with the 2 1/2 cups flour but the loaf is then much
smaller. So I opt to go and add the flour.
This is really a delicious loaf when freshly baked.
Joan,"Flour Power"

`[1;36;47mRainbow V 1.18.3 for Delphi - Registered