Polenta Millet Bread

Thu, 15 Aug 1996 15:29:36 -0700
v096.n031.12
I was in a baking mood so I made this and it is really good!!

Reggie

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                        Polenta Millet Bread <R T>

Recipe By     : Rustic European Breads From Your Bread Machine
Serving Size  : 12   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Bread Mailing List
                Dough Cycle                      Hand Made
                Low Fat

                        Makes 1 1/4 Lb Loaf:
   2 1/2  Tsp           Active Dry Yeast
     3/4  C             Water -- Plus
   2      Tbsp          Water
   3      Tbsp          Honey
   1 1/2  C             Bread Flour -- (I Used King Arthur)
     1/2  C             Whole Wheat Flour -- (Used King Arthur)
     1/3  C             Millet
     1/3  C             Polenta
   1      Tbsp          Wonderslim -- *Note
   1      Tsp           Salt

By Linda West Eckhardt and Diana Collingwood Butts

*NOTE:  Original recipe used 2 T vegetable oil

If you don't have polenta you can use the same amounts of cornmeal.  The
directions are for the dough setting, although this bread can be made and
baked in a 1 lb machine. (Alas, the flavor will not be the same.)  Serve the
loaf warm.

Add all the ingredients to the bread machine pan.  Process on the dough
setting.  Meanwhile, lightly grease a baking sheet or place a piece of
parchment paper on a peel.

Remove the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for a few seconds to
remove any remaining air bubbles.  Shape into a ball and flatten slightly
with the palm of your hand.  Place on the prepared baking sheet or peel.
Cover the dough loosely with plastic wrap or a damp tea towel and set aside
to rise in a wram draft-free area until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 deg F, inserting a baking stone or tiles
if you are not using a baking sheet.

When the dough has doubled in bulk, score the top with a sharp knife or
razor blade held at a 45 deg angle to the bread.  Bake for 30 minutes, or
until medium brown, on the middle rack of the preheated oven on the baking
stone or tiles.  Transfer from the baking sheet or stone to cool on a rack.
Store wrapped in a plastic bag.

Dough setting

Excellent!!  Absolutely incredible flavor and texture.

Entered into MasterCook and tested for you by Reggie Dwork  <reggie@jeff-and-reggie.com>