strawberry bread

Scott & Shala Lamothe <lamothe@erols.com>
Sun, 25 Aug 1996 12:49:08 -0400
v096.n036.7
Hi;
I'm new here, and I feel like I am behind the power curve - I don't have
a bread machine. I still bake bread by hand, except for my kitchen aide.
To answer the question about how long to let the kitchen aide knead, i
allow mine to run for about five minutes or until all the dough is on
the hook (it looks like it is flapping around). My bread usually comes
out pretty good that way.
Here's a receipe that my family cannot get enough of. I created it about
4 years ago and each year at Christmas, I make about 80 loaves (mini)
for my parents and my husband to give out at work. Hope you guys enjoy:

	Title: Special Strawberry Bread
	Categories: ?
	Yield: 1 reg loaf or 2 mini loaves

	2 cups frozen, unsweetene whole strawberries, thawed (reserve 		juice)
	1 3/4 cups flour
	1 teaspoon baking soda
	1/4 teaspoon baking powder
	1/2 teaspoon salt
	1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
	1/2 cup butter
	1 cup sugar
	2 large eggs
	1/4 cup strawberry juice, from reserve
	1 tablespoon lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350F.
Puree' strawberries using blender, food processor or strainer. YOu
should have about a cup of puree.
Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in large bowl.
Cream butter. Using medium bowl, add sugar, then eggs until well
combined.
Alternately, add dry ingredients, strawberry juice and lemon juice to
butter mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
Stir in strawberry puree.
Pour batter into standard size loaf pan or two smaller loaf pans that
have been well greased.
Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 1 hour for
full-sized loaf or 50  minutes for smaller loaves. Cool 10 minutes in
pan: turn out on wire rack to finish cooling. Wrap and store 24 hours
before slicing (it tends to fall about if sliced before that).
This is really good with whipped cream on top.
Enjoy.