Re: Digest bread-bakers.v096.n034

"flash gordon, md" <flash@well.com>
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 22:06:24 -0700
v096.n036.13

~
>I've always hand kneaded about 15 minutes and would think something
>approaching that would be reasonable with the Kitchen Aid, too.
>
>I'd appreciate advice from the Kitchen Aid owners out there.

i usually knead dough for 5 or 6 minutes. best thing is to feel it (after
stopping the mixer) and see if it feels right to you.

it oughta feel like it does after 15 minutes of hand kneading.

Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation
from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit.   -- W. Somerset Maugham
*flash gordon, m.d., f.a.c.e.p.           http://www.well.com/user/flash
flash@well.com  / flash@toad.com  / flash@sirius.com  /  flash@river.org