Re: Nuts/Fruits in ABM

Patty Perkins <Pperkins@cris.com>
Sun, 08 Sep 1996 10:23:39 -0700
v096.n040.9
Sharon:

I don't have a Panasonic ABM, but based on what you said I assume your
machine doesn't have a 'beeper' that goes off about 5 minutes before the
end of the second kneading cycle.  I think that '5 minutes before' is the
time you need to hit so things aren't 'dust' and you can actually see
that you have pieces of stuff in there (same with raisins, etc).
Hopefully your ABM manual either tells you the lengths of the various
cycles so you can just set a kitchen timer to catch it 5 minutes before;
otherwise you might have to make a loaf of something else when you are
around to time the different cycles yourself so you know when to jump.

Hope that helps --- that 5 minutes before it starts to rise gives it
enough time to incorporate stuff throughout the dough, but not enough to
beat it into pulp!

Patty

From: BunnyMama@aol.com
Subject: NEWCOMER
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 11:07:42 -0400

I'm new to the digest, so you've probably already discussed this.  But .
. .
one more time, please.  I have a Panasonic ABM.  Is there anything I can
do
to keep it from pulverizing all the interesting additions I put into my
bread?  Dried cranberries, nuts, seeds, olives all become invisible in
the
finished product.  The bread is good, but severely lacking in texture.
The
operating manual doesn't address the problem.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Sharon O.