Oat Flour

"hassell@eecs.tulane.edu" <hassell@eecs.tulane.edu>
Sun, 15 Sep 1996 21:18:08 -0500 (CDT)
v096.n041.8
I made a great Oat Bread, recipe below.  But in shopping for the ingredients, I bought Oat Flour, not knowing I already I had a bag!  So, I'm looking for bread recipes that use oat flour; the one below makes a bread that is too dense for my husband's sandwiches.  It is a great bread and wonderful with soups, just not a good s'mich bread.  Thanks - Johnette

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                                Oat Bread

Recipe By     : : The Bread Machine Cookbook (#1) by Donna Rathmell German
Categories    : Abm                              Breads
                To/From Bread Bakers List        Tried

   1 1/3  c             water
   2 1/2  tbsp          butter
     1/4  c             sugar
     1/4  c             gluten
   1      tsp           salt
     2/3  c             oat bran
     2/3  c             oats -- flaked is best
     2/3  c             oat flour
   2      c             bread flour
     1/4  c             nonfat dry milk
   2 1/2  tsp           yeast

It's a dense loaf, kind of grainy in texture, but the oat flavour is  wonderfull.

I made with 1 1/2 ts yeast in my zo.  Bread was nice-textured, dense as promised but flatish.  Almost like something that has risen and then fallen down sides.  This was a very very dry dough, I skimped on the water.

NOTES : (Large Loaf)