Sprouted Wheat Bread

Scott <scotttt@pacbell.net>
Wed, 18 Sep 1996 13:07:16 -0700
v096.n042.9
Sprouted Sourdough Bread is our favorite bread.  It's baked by the Alvarado St. Bakery
of Rohnert Park, CA. and distributed thoughout the San Francisco bay area.

Labelled ingredients are:
  sprouted wheat berries
  water
  wheat gluten
  honey
  yeast
  salt
  lecithin

The Bread-Bakers archives mention bread made from sprouted wheat once but contain no
recipes.

Does anyone have experience baking with sprouted wheat berries?  How do you prepare the
wheat?  Recipes?

This list and its archives are certainly a valuable Internet resource.  A reading of the
archives left me with two conclusions:  Baking bread is art, not science.  Owning a
bread baking machine today is like owning a horseless carriage at the turn of the
century - great while it works, but limited long term reliability. :~))

Scott