Recipe - Cranberry Nut Bread

Dungarven@aol.com
Sat, 28 Sep 1996 20:09:07 -0400
v096.n045.8
My favorite berry will soon be in the stores again, so I thought I'd share
one of my favorite quick breads for it. Enjoy!

                *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                    Cranberry Nut Bread

Recipe By     : King Arthur's Flour Co. Cookbook

   2      cups          King Arthur All-Purpose Flour
     1/2  teaspoon      salt
   1 1/2  teaspoons     baking powder
     1/2  teaspoon      baking soda
   1      cup           sugar
                        juice of 1 orange
   2      tablespoons   vegetable oil
                        boiling water to make 1 cup
   1                    egg -- beaten
   1      cup           walnuts or pecans -- chopped
                        grated rind of 1 orange
   1      cup           cranberries -- chopped, raw

Preheat oven to 325.

Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.

Squeeze the orange juice into a one-cup measure.  Add the oil and then fill
the rest of the cup with boiling water. Add this mixture to the beaten egg.

Stir the liquids into the dry ingredients.  Fold in the nuts, orange rind and
cranberries.

Pour into a greased 9x5 loaf pan.  Bake for 60 to 75 minutes.  Allow the
bread to cool completely before slicing.  The flavor is best after maturing
for 24 hours.