Converting Recipes

Patty Perkins <Pperkins@cris.com>
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 08:38:00 -0700
v096.n050.3
I saw your note about making bread machine recipes by hand.  I haven't
tried it, but I would think it would be actually alot easier than what I
go thru the opposite direction.  You may have to play with them a little
bit, but you won't know until you try it.  The only reasons I can think
that it may not be a straight-across conversion is the fact that all
bread machines are a little different.  If the recipe you are dealing
with happens to be for a machine that has a very powerful or long
kneading cycle, the ingredients would be adjusted to accommodate that.
By hand, however, you are in more control so you'll notice immediately if
the dough is too sticky and you need to add more flour, etc, etc.  Start
using the recipes just as they are, and throw in a little 'looks
right/feels right' baking accumen and you'll be fine.

Patty