Re: bulgar

"BrownleeS" <BrownleeS@dsmo.com>
Mon, 28 Oct 96 14:36:29 EST
v096.n052.11
     "Debbie" <dragoner@cris.com> said:
     >Please help!  I had mistakenly purchased some bulgar
     >at the health food store for a bread recipe which did
     >not really call for it.  Now I have it in my cupboard
     >and do not have any use for it.  I would like to be
     >able to use it in some kind of bread machine recipe if
     >anyone has a recipe that calls for it.  Any other uses
     >would be helpful as well but mainly I am interested in
     >bread machine recipes.
     >Thanks in Advance.
     >Debbie

     Here's something I ran across on the Web:

     TABOULI BREAD ABM

     Categories: Breads
     Yield: 24 servings

     -------------------TABOULI-----------------
         3/4 c  Water; boiling
         1/2 c  Bulgur
         1/2 tb Parsley
         1/2 tb Onions, dried minced
         1/2 ts Mint leaves

     ------------PLACE IN BREADMAKER----------
         1/2 tb Yeast
           3 c  Flour, bread
           2 tb Sugar
         1/2 tb Salt
           1    Eggs
           1 tb Oil, olive
         3/4 c  Water; warm

     --------------ADD AT BEEP----------------
         1/4 c  Olives, black, chopped
         1/4 c  Apricots, dried; chopped

     Add boiling water to other tabouli ingredients and mix
     well; allow to cool to lukewarm.  (In hot and humid
     weather, use 1/8 c less water.)

     Bring other ingredients to room temperature and add to
     breadmaker, in order.  Add lukewarm tabouli mixture.
     Set baking control at 11 o'clock. Select "white bread"
     and push Start.

     Add olives and apricots at beep, 88 minutes into cycle.

     Hope that helps,
     Shari
     brownlees@dsmo.com