Re: Bread Bowls

"Bill Hatcher" <bhatcher@gc.net>
Sat, 16 Nov 1996 22:30:21 -0500
v096.n058.4
> From:          bread-bakers-errors@lists.best.com
> Subject:       Digest bread-bakers.v096.n056
> To:            bread-bakers@lists.best.com

> From: Lisa Minor <lisa@i1.net>
> Subject: Bread Bowls
> Date: Sun, 10 Nov 96 19:24:00 -0500
>
> I recently had the opportunity to enjoy soup in a 'bread' bowl. Does
> anyone have a recipie for making these small round loaves of bread that
> can be used as individual bowls for soup?
> TIA
> Lisa

Lisa -

Here is one from my files.  I have never made it, but it looks promising.

Regards.

Bill Hatcher
bhatcher@gc.net
Southampton County, Virginia, USA

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                               Bread Bowls

Recipe By     : Gold Medal Bread Machine Recipes
Categories    : Breads

   1      cup           water
   2 3/4  cups          bread flour
   1      tablespoon    sugar
   1      teaspoon      salt
   1 1/2  teaspoons     yeast
   1      large         egg yolk
   1      tablespoon    water

Add water, flour, sugar, salt & yeast to the bread machine pan. Select dough
cycle.  After machine beeps, divide dough into 6 equal pieces. Pat or roll each
piece into a 7 inch circle on a lightly floured surface.

Grease outsides of six 10 ounce custard cups. Place cups upside down on an
ungreased cookie sheet. Shape each circle over outsides of cups.(Don't allow
dough to curl under edges of cups.) Cover & let rise in a warm place 15 - 20
minutes or until slightly puffy.

Preheat oven to 375F. Mix egg yolk & 1 tbsp water; brush gently over bread
bowls. Bake 18 - 22 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully lift bread bowls
from custard cups. Cool bread bowls upright on wire rack.