Bread Pan In Dishwasher

Pam Drake <pamdrake@psnw.com>
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 02:09:00 -0800 (PST)
v096.n058.7
     The instructions for my Mr. Coffee also indicate that the pan should
not be washed in the dishwasher; as a matter of fact they indicate the pan
should not be emersed.  I suspect this may have to do with the shaft,
which may contain electronic components.  Don't forget that the paddle is
directly controlled by the machine, so the linkage to electronics may be
strong enough that, though the pan is removable, some damage may result if
the underside of it becomes more than just damp.

     I, too, would love to be able to put it in the washer as I do with my
removable crockpot insert, but there is absolutely nothing but stoneware
in the crock.  I can't say that so confidently with the bread pan.
Perhaps thinking along these lines will make it less frustrating to
take those few extra moments.

                                        Pam Drake <pamdrake@psnw.com>