Cornucopia

bredlady@softdisk.com (G Nuttall)
Sat, 19 Oct 1996 11:42:16 -0500
v096.n058.13
Here's an idea that someone may want to try for Thanksgiving.  You can make
a cornucopia (horn-o-plenty for some) out of bread.

The recipe calls for frozen bread dough to be used, but I squirm at the
thought of it if I'm making bread dough anyway.

First, you take a "disposable/recyclable" heavy foil type round pizza pan (
at least 10-12 inches in diameter) from your local grocery.  Cut (one-
straight line) from the center to the outer edge of the pan.  Now (being
careful not to cut you precious kneading fingers) roll the foil pan into a
cylinder where the opening is about 3 inches in diameter, and the other end
is rolled smaller and tighter. ( you may need to staple this to hold it in
place) Bend and shape the cylinder to resemble a horn-o-plenty. Don't bend
the end too much, because the mold will not remove from the finished
product.

Take 1inch by 6-10 inch by 1/2 inch strips and place them around the
(greased  with non-stick spray) mold.  Pressing the strips together to join
and seal them together.  Let it rise briefly.

Bake at 325 until golden brown.  Let it cool and carefully remove the mold.

This can be used as a wonderful centerpiece for your Thanksgiving feast.

Happy Turkey day everyone!