flavored breads

Lobo119@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 1 Dec 1996 22:10:29 +0000
v096.n063.4
Marina asked for any recipes for FLAVORED breads.

Here are 2 super ones.  They were originally bread machine recipes.  I added
an extra 1/4 c. flour as they were pretty sticky.  I used malted milk powder
in the first recipe because I didn't have dry milk.  I read somewhere that
it was a good flour enhancer (whatever that means : ), so I threw it into
the second one too.  Both were so good I didn't even butter them -- although
the apricot bread makes wonderful buttered toast.

I never seem to make a recipe as written : )

I think there was an instruction re: bread machines...something about
setting for light crust.  I assume that will be meaningful to those of you
who have them.
ABSOLUTELY APRICOT BREAD
Bill Camarota <gfx4tv@acy.digex.net>
The Electric Bread Cookbook

3/4  cup water
2 1/4  cups  bread flour
1  tablespoon  dry milk (I used malted milk powder)
1  teaspoon  salt
1  tablespoon  butter
3  tablespoons apricot jam
1/2  cup dried apricots
2  teaspoons yeast

Mix.  Let rise to double.  Shape into loaf and let rise to double.  Bake at
350 for 30 minutes.

SAFFRON BREAD
Bill Camarota <gfx4tv@acy.digex.net>
The Electric Bread Cookbook

3/4  cup water (use part of the water with the saffron ... see instructions)
2  1/4 cups  bread flour
1  teaspoon  sugar
1  teaspoon  salt
1  egg
1 1/2  tablespoons olive oil
1/4 - 1/2  teaspoon  ground saffron (allow to sit in boiling water 10 minutes)
  -- or --
1/8 - 1/4  teaspoon  saffron threads (allow to sit in boiling water 10
minutes) - (grind them down w/mortar and pestle according to original
recipe....I didn't)
1 t. malted milk powder (opt)