Welbilt 6000

gerrymc@ix.netcom.com
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 15:25:41 -0500
v096.n068.13
>From: Debbie Hrabinski <piggie@worldnet.att.net>
>Subject: Welbilt 6000
>Date: Sun, 01 Dec 1996 15:14:03 -0500
>
>>That wasn't the reason I'm writing this, though.  Sam's carries the
>>Welbilt 6000 around Christmas.  This year it costs $89.99.  Why would I
>>even be thinking about another machine, you ask?  We have a large family,
>>we homeschool, and the 6000 machine makes 2-2# loaves at a time. It can
>>make two 1, 1 1/2, or 2# loaves.
>>
>>Does anyone have one of these machines?  What do you think of it?  The
>
>Hi,
>I responded to Marcy privately, but I'll respond to the list too.  I've had 2
>of these machines.  First one I returned cuz I thought it was a lemon.  I have
>the 2nd one, which I'll be returning very shortly, because I've decided it
>wasn't the machine that was the lemon, but the model in general!  It stinks.
>I've had all kinds of problems from the bread collapsing, to the bread not
>rising.  I've had help from several people and have decided that it's the
>bread machine, not the human that's defunct!
>I'm currently waiting for the Zoji machine that Edward Ipp saw in the
>Price/Costco catalog for 109.99.  Can't wait to get it.  Have heard so many
>good things about Zoji's!  If any one wants any more info on this machine, let
>me know.
>Debbie
>piggie@worldnet.att.net

Hi all,

My friend just bought one of these at Sam's and her bread turned out
wonderful.  She made the 2# version of the white bread and it screamed up
into the glass.  I told her that many so called 2# machines really can't
handle a 2# rise (which I read right here on this list :) ).

I have used the R2D2 unit and always had good bread come out.  I did notice
when I switched to the Zoji that I had to change many of the recipes as the
liquidity of the two machines is radically different.  DAK's Dill onion
bread worked great in the R2 unit, but didn't rise in the Zoji until I
modified the liquidity ratio.

I sent the conversion tables to the list last year ... Are they in the
archive Reggie?  or should I send them again?  I also sent a hand to machine
conversion at some point in time.

Have a great day,

Gerry