A Question & A Recipe

BunnyMama@aol.com
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 17:45:53 -0500
v096.n069.7
Hi All -

I'd like to do bread rolls in my ABM for our Christmas gathering, but would
need more than the 12-18 that result from a single batch.  I've heard that
dough can be frozen and baked later, but I have a couple of questions for you
experts:

(1) Will the result be better if I freeze the dough; or should I make the
rolls and freeze them?

(2) If I freeze the dough, is there any particular way I should wrap it?  And
should I divide it into portions before freezing?  I assume that I would thaw
and bake the frozen dough as I would the purchased kind.

 Thanks for your help . . . again!  Here's a recipe I haven't tried yet, but
plan to right after the holidays:

VEGETABLE HERB BREAD
>From The Bread Machine Cookbook V
Yield: 1 1/2 lb loaf

1 1/8 cups water
1 tbs butter or margarine
1/3 cup diced onion
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp lack pepper
1 tsp sage
2 tsp dried thyme
1/3 cup diced celery, including leafy top
3 cups bread flour
2 tsp rapid or quick yeast

Note: It is a wonderful, spicy, light-textured and colored bread which can be
used for leftover turkey sandwiches.  Watch dough for moisture.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Sharon