re: Zojirushi Bread Machine

gerrymc@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 14:04:12 -0500
v097.n001.4
>From: sally gregg <sgregg@email.unc.edu>
>Subject: Zojirushi Bread Machine (fwd)
>Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 16:35:06 -0500 (EST)
>

>Polly wrote:
>
>>To all the experienced Zoji owners;
>>     I just got the BBCC-S15A  Home bakery  bread machine.  I would
>>appreciate any hints or suggestions you may have.  I have used the Hitachi HB
>>B201 for several years and love it.  I wanted to give it to my daughter and
>>step up to a "better Machine".  I wonder if I made a mistake.  The first loaf
>>from the Zoji looked perfect and had a uniform texture, but was more like
>>store bought bread than the bread we love from my Hitachi.  I'm going to keep
>>experimenting with the Zoji.  I would also like to know if the cake cycle is
>>worth using. I like to bake and wonder if I will be happy with the Zoji
>>results.  Does anyone have a TNT recipe for a Zoji cake?
>>I appreciate any imput.  Thanks.
>>

>Polly:  I, too, just bought the BBCC-S15A and have had the same sinking
>feeling that I have done the wrong thing.  I owned a Pana model for 9
>months, used it a lot, and really loved the machine in all respects except
>for the fact that there was no crust-selector control and many of the
>loaves came out very badly burned. I tried all kinds of remedies, none of
>which worked, and got zilch help from Pana, so I finally took my machine
>back to the store where I bought it and they gave me a refund.  With great
>expectations, I then got the Zoji - and lo and behold: I now have  perfect
>crusts but the quality of the bread doesn't begin to be comparable.  I
>have tried many of my previous favorite recipes, and nothing is turning
>out to be anywhere near as good.  I am truly devastated, and I now don't
>even want to make bread much anymore. If the solution is having to take
>every old recipe and spend 3 or 4 go-rounds having to alter it to try and
>come up with a satisfactory loaf then I am not very happy to put up with
>so much aggravation.  Will be anxious to see the responses you get to your
>question.
>
>A disappointed Zoji owner,
>
>Sally

Hi all,

I have a recipe book - Bread Machine Baking: Perfect Every Time by Lora Brody.

For each recipe, there are 6 separate recipes three of which are Hitachi,
Panasonic and Zojirushi.

Until I adjusted the liquidity ratio of my DAK/Wellbilt recipes to the
liquidity of my Zojirushi machine, the old recipes didn't perform well at all.

The liquidity adjustment / hand recipe conversion can be found in the Norman
Garrett :Quick & Delicious Bread Machine recipes book.

I posted the conversion to the list earlier this year, and am trying to find
a copy of the post so I can resubmit it.

Peace,

Gerry