RECIPE: Dilly Rolls

nmrg@juno.com (Rocky L Hurley [KR4PZ])
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 11:37:48 EST
v097.n001.6
Hi All!

My family and I tried these last night also. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Source: Taste Of Home, October/November 1996 issue
Submitted by:Mary Bickel, Terre Haute. Indiana
Yield: 2 dozen

2 cup (16 ounce) small curd cottage cheese)
2 tbsp butter or margarine
2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast)
1/2 cup warm water (110 to 115 degrees F)
2 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp dried minced onion
1 to 2 tbsp Dill Weed
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 1/2 to 5 cup all purpose flour

In a large sauce pan over medium heat, cook cottage cheese and butter
until butter is melted. Cool to 110 to 115 degrees F. In a large mixing
bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add eggs, sugar, onion, dill, salt, baking
soda, and cottage cheese mixture. Add 3 cups of flour; beat until smooth.
Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto floured board;
knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased
bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place
until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Form into 24 balls; place
in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in baking pan that has been sprayed with
non stick cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45
minutes.