Great Loaf

LaeBelle@aol.com
Sat, 1 Feb 1997 23:43:04 -0500 (EST)
v097.n009.6
We made this this morning, and it was best still warm.
enjoy
Bunny
                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                       ITALIAN GARLIC/PEPPER BREAD

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 12   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Breadmaker

   1 1/3  cups          Water
   1 1/4  teaspoons     Salt
   1      teaspoon      Sugar
   3      cups          Bread flour
   2 1/2  teaspoons     Yeast
     1/2  teaspoon      Garlic powder -- (or to taste)
     1/2  teaspoon      Very  coarsley ground pepper
                        (or to taste)
     1/2  cup           Parmesan cheese -- UP TO 1 C
                        cut in 1/2 inch squares.

Add the final three ingredients ans late as possible in the final kneading
stage.  The bread is better if the islands of cheese are identifiable and if
the pepper does not get GROUND into the dough by the kneading process.

 I enjoyed this bread at an Italian restaurant, so I tried to match it as
close as I could.  Used the basic recipe fro Italian bread in "The Bread
Machine Cookbook" (#1) and added the garlic and pepper.
 Good luck.  Hope this works out for you.  Please let me know of your
improvements on this very basic recipe.
 Mike McGee in Palatine, Il Formatted by Elaine Radis BGMB90B; APRIL '93