Re: peanut butter twists (fwd)

"Karen D. Gouvin" <ao774@osfn.org>
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 18:00:36 -0500 (EST)
v097.n014.1
Here is a recipe I received after my request for a peanut butter braided
sweet bread. Thank you Barbara!

##@#

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 17:18:29 PST
From: BARBARA J KAYE <bk55238@juno.com>
To: ao774@osfn.org
Subject: Re: peanut butter twists

Dear Karen,
	Here is the recipe you requested. Please post it to the list as i
do not have the address available here. hope you enjoy it & thanks.

Peanut butter Twists

makes 40

1/2 C milk			2 eggs
1/2 C sugar		4 1/2-5 C unsifted flour
1 1/2 tsp salt 		3/4 C peanut butter
1/4 C margarine                           3/4 C peach preserves or jam

1/2 C warm water		 6 tbs softened margarine
2 pkgs active dry yeast

Scald milk; stir in sugar, salt & 1/4 C margarine. Cool to lukewarm.
Measure warm water into large bowl. Proof yeast; stir till dissolved.
Add lukewarm milk mixture, eggs & 3 C flour. Beat till smooth. Add
enough additional flour to make a stiff dough. Turn out on to lightly
floured board; knead till smooth & elastic, about 8-10 mins. Place in
greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place, free
from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hr.

Mean while, prepare filling. Combine peanut butter, peach jam & 6 tbs of
softened margarine.

Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each half into a 12x15
rectangle.Cut each rectangle into twenty 3 inch squares. Place about 2
tsp. filling in center of each square. Overlap 2 opposite corners; seal
tightly. Place on greased baking sheets. Let rise, uncovered, till
double in bulk, about 1 hr.

Bake at 375 F about 15 mins or till done. Remove from baking sheets &
cool on wire racks.