Re: Mac-n-cheese powder

"Julia" <julia@global-tech.com>
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 11:36:24 -0500 EST
v097.n016.5
Ron Cochrane wrote:

> I have looked to years for some of the fluorescent orange cheese
> powder that comes in store-bought Mac&Cheese packages.  It appears
> to me that for about $.75 you get about $.05 worth of pasta and a
> little of this majic powder.  Well, I finally have seen it
> advertised in a King Arthor's Flours catalog, but their price is so
> high that it is still a better deal to buy the store-bought type.

I have seen it sold at "BJ's"  (a discount food warehouse like a
Sam's Club) in 2 (?) pound containers. I don't know about the price,
though, as it wasn't on my shopping list. I just noticed it on the
shelf in passing....

Julia

Proud Libertarian, objectivist, lesbian, Norse Heathen,
SCAdian, hardcore nutball Xenite!