[no subject]

trfox@arcos.com
Sun, 9 Mar 1997 09:36:34 -0500
v097.n021.7
I look forward to reading my weekend mailings, and now would like to share
something I discovered. For a lovely orange or lemon flavour in breads [or
baking], collect the zest from oranges or lemons, and save this in a small
container mixed with vegetable oil. This keeps very well in the fridge, and
the oil not only preserves the rind, but it absorbs the flavours. I have a
handy gadget designed to remove the zest only - a good investment.
        When using, decrease the oil or margarine called for a little bit.

Toby [Ontario, Canada]