Fire Hazard?

Wendy Nibeck <wmay@aplcore.jhuapl.edu>
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:15:22 -0400
v097.n021.13
Hello, bread bakers!

This may seem like a silly question but here goes.  The other day on my way
out the door I threw some ingredients in my bread machine and set the timer
to have pizza dough ready when I came home.  In my haste, I forgot to add
the water!  I came home and there was the machine, merrily stirring around
my dry flour.

After my initial sheepishness, I got to wondering.  What if I had set a mix
in there to bake, and forgotten to add the water?  When the machine heated
up, would this cause a fire hazard?  Fortunately in this case I was using
the dough setting, but now I worry that one day I'll set it to bake
something and come home to find my whole house cooked!

Anybody else willing to admit they've made the same silly mistake, and what
was the outcome?

Thanks,
Wendy