re: questions on whole wheat

Loiscon1@aol.com
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 17:19:11 -0500 (EST)
v097.n026.2
Lulu had some questions on whole wheat flour.

Lulu, I will be sending you some recipes via email, but I did want to
comment on your remark that you don't like the taste of your whole wheat
breads. I was not a fan of whole wheat breads either, until my co-author,
Linda, got a grain mill and made me a bread with freshly ground whole
wheat. I did not get any of that bitter flavor you refer to. It was an
entirely different taste.

I suggest that you order some whole wheat flour from King Arthur flour and
see if that makes a difference. Also try and store your whole wheat flour in
the freezer. That will keep it fresher.

Gold Medal makes a flour that comes in a yellow package. It's  called
Better-for-Bread and you will find that on the label. Pillsbury also has a
bread flour, and King Arthur makes several bread flours suitable for use in
your bread machine.

I see that you are on AOL and would love to have you visit our bread chat.
It's every Tuesday night at 10PM Eastern and there are a lot of good bakers
who can help you with all your questions.

Lois Conway, co-author, Bread Machine Magic and The Bread Machine Magic Book
of Helpful Hints