WW bread & Bread Flour

"Joan Mathew" <cmathew@iadfw.net>
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 16:53:11 -0500
v097.n026.11
> From: Lulumommy@aol.com
> Subject: WW bread & Bread Flour

> Okay, now for my second question -- the manual explains that "bread flour" is
> the type called for in the recipes, plus I see all of your recipes that call
> for this "bread flour." However, I cannot find anything called bread flour at
> the grocery store. Do you have to buy it somewhere else? Or is there another
> name for it and it is right there under my nose?

Hi Laura,
  Most of the large grocery store chains here in the U.S. do carry
some form of bread flour usually.  Sometimes the brand names vary
depending upon your locale; however, I can name one major brand that
is carried everywhere I've seen:  Gold Medal "Better for Bread".  I
have used this for several years and am very pleased with it;
however, there are other brands that I'm sure are quite good as well.

  Sometimes you have to look really carefully when you're browsing
through the "flour aisle" because the labels are sometimes not clear
enough, and it's certainly easy to miss one type among that huge
display of flours!

Hope this helps a bit,
Joan

cmathew@airmail.net