re: dough relaxer

rich <bzwax@tiac.net>
Sun, 27 Apr 1997 10:15:29 -0400
v097.n033.4
>>Was wondering if anyone has any experience with *dough relaxer* added to
pizza dough?  It's on page 9 of the King Arthur Flour catalog.  It is
supposed to make rolling out a thin crust much easier.  I've also seen a
similar product called *dough easy* talked about in a pizza cookbook
recently.  I can never get my dough to roll out very thin---it fights me
all the way.  I've been using frozen pizza dough from my local Italian
bakery, but would like to make my own.  If you've used either product,>>

Hello:

I don't know dough easy, but I was one of the testers on Dough Relaxer . As
I told Lora Brody, this isn't DOUGH RELAXER but DOUGH COMA! Or DOUGH
VALIUM! It certainly does what it says it does.  It was VERY easy to roll
out (no snapping back) and didn't seem to negatively affect texture or
taste.

best-
Debbie Bier
Concord, MA