To Marta re:Grain mills

Irwin@prodigy.com (MR IRWIN H FRANZEL)
Fri, 9 May 1997 07:16:42, -0500
v097.n035.10
Grain mills are worth having! The quality and flavor of bread produced by
grinding your own grain is much better than what can be gotten from
commercially milled flour. The reason for this is that the wheat germ oil
in flour you grind yourself doesn't have time to go rancid. Commercial
producers either remove it or add preservatives that change (but do not
improve the flavor).

We tested many different mills (although not the Whisper Mill, you refer
to) for our bread baking program. The one we settled on for general use is
the Miracle Mill. These generally sell for $180 - $200, in health food
stores. Our price for these mills is $150, delivered. Ours are sold with a
satisfaction guaranteed, or your money back! The Miracle Mill is an easy to
use and easy to clean machine. It has indexed settings for the fineness of
grind, so that you can exactly duplicate the grind from one time to
another. It is relatively quiet but I must point out that it takes a lot of
energy to grind hard wheat and that does produce a significant amount of
noise. Other mills we have tested produce enough noise to be potentially
damaging to hearing, without protection. The Miracle Mill may be taken
apart, washed and put back together with one hand.

One of the most convincing reasons for buying a good mill, is to be able to
bake a light, 100% whole wheat bread that we developed here at Delta Rehab.
The bread has a hearty robust flavor and is made from hard, red, winter
wheat. We bake these loaves on the Quick Cycle in our Zoji S-15!

                                          Irwin/Delta Rehab/Using Zojis