Re: Digest bread-bakers.v097.n041

MHarris269@aol.com
Sun, 22 Jun 1997 20:33:20 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Judi Burley <jburley@server.netidea.com>
>  Subject: Bean Bread
>  Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 12:01:59 -0700
>
>  Hi-
>  Some time ago there was a bread machine baker on "Baking with Julia"
>  PBS. She made a bread using a can of refried beans. Very high in
>  protein.  By any chance do any of you have that recipe?  If so I sure
>  would appreciate it.

Hi Judy-
     I found a recipe for Refries and Cheese Bread in the archives for this
list (which I really enjoy, BTW). Anyway, I don't know if this is the one you
want, but I'm passing it on. I haven't tried it yet, but I'd be interested in
hearing from anyone who has.

Refries and Cheese Bread

1-1/2 tsp. yeast
3/16 tsp. ginger
3/16 tsp. sugar
2 c. bread flour
1/3 c. wheat flour
1-1/3 tbsp. gluten
2/3 tsp. chili powder
2/3 tsp. salt
1/3 tsp. garlic salt
2/3 c. refried beans; canned
2-2/3 oz. Kraft "Mild Mexican" Cheez Whiz
13/16 c. water

MHarris269@aol.com