My favorite bread recipe

donnalynn <donnalpb@cyberg8t.com>
Sun, 29 Jun 1997 08:44:59 -0700
v097.n044.3
I received this recipe in the book that come with my Hitachi breadmaker.
I've since misplaced the book and can't give proper credit!

Sweet Banana Bread

3/4 cup fresh milk
1 egg yolk
4 T. margarine
2/3 cup mashed banana
2  T. sugar
3 cups bread flour
1 t. salt
2 t. yeast

I put these ingredients in the machine in this order and select medium-white.

If the banana is very ripe--which is why I use this recipe so often--then
you need to cut down on the yeast somewhat or the bread rises all over the
place!!!  I've also substituted applesauce for the margarine and it's
great.  Let's see....also is great with chopped pecans or cinnamon or
cloves added.....it's great!

Reggie--I plan to make a copy of everyone's favorite....what a great gift
for a new breadmaker!

Donna