Fw: Sweet Potato Rolls - MM

"KAR" <bluekat@gate.net>
Sat, 5 Jul 1997 21:56:07 -0400
v097.n046.1
Hi All!

Hope everyone had a great Fourth! I made these in the Kitchen Aid - kneaded
about 10 minutes. The dough seemed to take a little less flour and more
water oddly enough for South Florida. They make pretty big rolls  - I made
them in muffin tins. They rose alot in the oven and were very tender. Hope
they come out as well for you.   Apologies for the cross posting. Oh, I
used
bread flour.

Happy Baking - Kim

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: Sweet Potato Rolls
 Categories: Breads
      Yield: 24 servings

      1 c  Sweet potatoes, mashed
      3 tb Fleischmann's Lower Fat
           -margarine, melted
      1 pk Yeast, rapid rise
  1 1/4 c  Warm water, 110-115 degrees
      1 lg Egg
      1 ts Morton's Lite Salt
      3 tb Sugar
      5 c  Flour

  Blend potatoes with melted margarine. Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm
  water. Combine potatoes with egg, salt, sugar & yeast mixture. Add
  flour alternately with remaining 3/4 cup water, mixing until well
  combined. Turn onto a well floured board & knead. Place in a bowl
  coated with Pam. Cover & allow to rise 1 hour in a warm place. Divide
  dough into 24 pieces & form into rolls. Place on a baking sheet
  coated with Pam & let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until
  doubled in size. bake at 425F for 15-20 minutes.

  Per roll: 121 cal, 1.3 g fat (9.4%), 9 mg chol, 67 mg sod.
  Recipe by: A Trim & Terrific Louisiana Kitchen/ Holly Clegg

MMMMM

"Politeness; n. The most acceptable hypocrisy"
           -Ambrose Bierce