Flour Mills

Carolyn Taylor <ctaylor@bmi.net>
Sun, 20 Jul 1997 11:31:10 -0700 (PDT)
v097.n048.6
>Stone mills are available for around $300-400.  I recently received
>material from a company called Lee in Wisconsin.  They have a >carberundum
(going off memory here!) stone mill.

I have a Lee Household Flour Mill that belonged to my mother in law. It was
purchased sometime in the late 1940 or 50s. We had the motor rewound in 1967
but it has never required any other type of repair. The flour goes into
heavy cloth bags with a coil spring like the old screen door closers around
the mouth, and the mill pauses and cools off if the flour starts to heat up.
It uses a cylindrical stone and has a continuously adjustable grind that
goes from coarse crack to very fine flour. I do however need a new stone. (I
broke it) My husband glued it back together and it seems to work ok but I'd
still like a new one.

I would really appreciate information on how to contact the company. I think
they might be the same one since the lable plate says Milwauke, Wis. 50
years of service and still operating like new seems like a really good
product to me.

Thanks

Carolyn