King Arthur/NECI class

"Bobbi Terkowitz" <bterk@vion.com>
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 11:57:04 -0400
v097.n049.12
Geraldine,

I went to the KA/NECI breadbaking weekend last year (a birthday gift from
my husband) and it was fabulous.  I have been baking bread for 25 years,
and I learned TONS and took 15 pages of notes (in teeny tiny writing)--plus
met other bakers with whom I now exchange recipes and tips.  And not
everyone there is experienced--my partner in one of the classes I took had
never baked a loaf of bread, and the hands-on experience under the watchful
eye of a master baker was great for him as well.  It is not inexpensive,
but it's well worth it.  By the way, I believe that my husband had an
ulterior motive--one of the classes I took was on croissants and other
"laminated doughs," which I had never dared attempt, and now the family
gets croissants and pains au chocolat for breakfast on a fairly regular
basis...

Regards,
Bobbi