Grinding popcorn

HeartHome4@aol.com
Sun, 3 Aug 1997 21:45:44 -0400 (EDT)
v097.n051.2
>>> To grind corn, two types of mill are used:
grist mills and stone mills. <<<

Sorry, this is not actually accurate <G>, since the micronizer mills (Whisper
Mill, KTec and Magic Mill) all grind popcorn with NO problem. Micronizers
have rows of surgical steel teeth that rotate at an extremely fast speed and
grind very fast and fine. I grind popcorn ALL the time in my Whisper Mill, it
is the quietest and cleanest of all the micronizers. The cornbread that I
make with it is *excellent*!!

If you'd like more information on the Whisper Mill, feel free to e-mail me at
HeartHome4@AOL.com.

Here is the cornbread recipe:

"ULTIMATE" CORN BREAD

1/2 C. honey
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1 C. flour (try freshly ground pastry wheat)
2 C. yellow cornmeal (freshly ground popcorn)
1 TBSP baking powder
1 TBSP butter, melted
1 1/2 C. milk or buttermilk

Beat eggs together then beat in honey.  Sift flour, cornmeal, baking powder,
and salt together.  Stir into egg mixture with melted butter and milk.  Stir
just until all ingredients are well-mixed.  Spread into oiled or buttered
11.5 X 7.5 X 1 inch pan (I use a lightly oiled iron skillet).  Bake at 400
degrees for 25-30 minutes.  Serve hot, with extra honey to drizzle!

In Messiah,
Vickilynn
Heart 'n Home Products