Re: Where to Buy Spices?

"Natalie Frankel" <Natalie.Frankel@mixcom.com>
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 01:48:09 -0500 (CDT)
v097.n052.5
For Bonnie Pollack looking for where to buy spices after feeling like she
overpayed dearly for cardamom.

I highly recommend Penzey's, Ltd., a wonderful spice house located in
the Milwaukee, WI area where I live.  They have a beautiful catalogue
that describes all of the spices and everything is very reasonable. I
shop at the store often and the prices in the store are exactly the same
as in the catalogue.

To order a catalogue or place an order, call 414-679-7207 or send a fax to
414-679-7878. Hours are 8:30 am-5pm M-F and 9am - 3pm Saturdays (Central
Time). Too bad they don't have an 800# - if you want me to call for you and
have them send a catalogue, just e-mail me your name and address and I'll
call in or fax the request.  I may not get to it for a few days, but
I'll do it for you.  (The catalogue is free.)

By the way, there are several kinds of cardamom, all different prices,
so your purchase, Bonnie, may not have been so outrageous after all.
However, when you figure out what the spices are per ounce when buying
them in the store, it is rather shocking.

Hope this helps!

Natalie in Milwaukee
enjoying summer and finding it hard to believe we really do suffer through
winter!
<natalie.frankel@mixcom.com>