Penzey's spices

Kdcknit@aol.com
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 13:45:43 -0400 (EDT)
v097.n053.16
I would like to add my voice to the chorus of praise for Penzey's -- not only
are they quick and reliable, but quite often they send a "freebie" along with
your order -- what a treat!

In addition to the cardamom that Bonnie Pollack was looking for, I'd like to
recommend another product of theirs -- crushed jalapeno peppers ($5.99 for a
4 oz. package).  I especially like using them in jalapeno cornbread -- no
fuss, no muss -- and they seem to hold their heat through the baking process
better than canned or fresh.  I just add them with the liquid ingredients (no
pre-soaking).  No affiliation, etc. etc.    Karen