Finnish bread, burned outside, doughy inside

Fred Smith <fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 13:32:15 -0500
v097.n070.5
> From: ann joy <ajoy@capecod.net>
> Subject: Finnish Bread
>
> Hi,
>   I have a question regarding baking "Finnish Bread."  No matter what I
> do, the inside tends to stay doughy...Can anyone give me a hint as to
> how to have a done inside, without a burnt top?  I use an Electric oven,
> which is probably a cause....Please reply to my email address!  I will
> be sure to read!
>
>   Thanks, Ann    ajoy@capecod.net

My first thought would be to try a lower oven temperature to see if
you can leave it in long enough to heat through to the middle enough to
finish baking WITHOUT overcooking the outside. Of course it's also
possible there is something improper with the dough you're baking (too
wet, not risen enough, whatever).

Fred
--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us -- fred@computrition.com ----