Re: Roll Question

"Jazzbel" <jazzbel@grouper.batelnet.bs>
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 19:44:11 -0500
v097.n083.7
It's possoble to make up refrigerator doughs.  The generally contain more
yeast and fat to withstand the  period of could.  They last about 3-5 in
the fridge.  The catch is: you have to let them come to room temperature
and rise before baking.  Not practical I am afraid.

The other option would be freezing the dough immediately after the first
rise,already in shape desired.  Let it thaw in the counter the night before
and pop it in the oven.

I, too, like fresh rolls, but the most practical one for me is to freeze
English Muffin batter enpugh for two muffins in a rubbermaid container, let
it thw overnight, and bake it on the griddle the next morning.  I already
posted that recipe and will repost if you wish.

Later,
Jazzbel

"I will not dwell upon ragouts or roasts,
Albeit all human history attests
That happiness for man- the hungry sinner!-
Since Eve ate apples, much depends on dinner"
--Lord Byron's Don Juan