Jam recipe

"Josée Olivier" <jolivier@autoroute.net>
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 22:26:25 +0000
v098.n002.13
Jam requires only 3 ingredients; berries, sugar and lemon juice.  I
haven't yet made the jam recipe that came with my Toastmaster
Breadbox, but the basic recipe given is:

- 2 c berries (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries or other thin
skinned berries)
- 3/4 c sugar
- 2 T lemon juice
Program 7

Frozen berries (no sugar added) may be substituted for fresh.  Thaw
and drain before measuring.  For thinner jam, use juice as part of
the 2 c berry amount.  You may decrease the amount of sugar, but it
will produce a thinner result.  More sugar will make it thicker.  For
best results, sugar substitutes are not recommended.  The average
refrigerated life of jam is two weeks; up to several months frozen.

They suggest also trying it on ice cream, waffles, French toast,
pancakes, or as a filling for layer cakes.  Yum, I think I'll try it
out myself now!
Josee Olivier
jolivier@autoroute.net