Re: Looking for two recipes...

Lulumommy <Lulumommy@aol.com>
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 00:44:30 EST
v098.n002.17
In a message dated 98-01-04 06:13:24 EST, SmokeyKat4@aol.com writes:

<< Also I am looking for a recipe for Lemon Poppy Seed bread. >>

Hi, I have a recipe for Poppy Seed Bread that everyone loves.  I made it for
Thanksgiving dinner and twice over the recent holiday season for different
parties.  The original recipe calls for almond extract, but I just replace it
with orange extract to make Orange-Poppy Seed Bread.  Although I've never
tried it, I would imagine that you could use lemon extract too.

POPPY SEED BREAD

2/3 cup water
2 1/2 T. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. salt
2 T. sugar
1 1/4 T. poppyseeds
2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 tsp. yeast

Put ingredients in bread pan in order of manufacturer's instructions.  I like
to use rapid bake cycle -- but then, I bake *all* bread on rapid bake cycle,
so I've never tried it any other way!  Hope you like it,

Laura