[no subject]

dandelion@edeneast.com
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 15:03:06 -0500
v098.n022.8
Hi folks. I'm pretty new to this list. I enjoy the conversations and
exspecially the recipes that I get. See, I've never owned a Breadmaker,
nor have I ever really wanted to. I really enjoy all the work involved
in bread making, its very theraputic. :) My big problem is I have a
whole bunch of recipes for breadmmakers that I don't really nkow how to
change into recipes I can make by hand. I'm not experienced eonugh in
breadmaking, nor do I fully understand excactly what breadmachines do
tto know how to convert them myself. Things like how long I let bread
rise, or how long I bake it..well I jsut don't know. Here are a few of
the recipes I have I really wish to try by hand. Can anyone give me some
help?
              Dande
---------- Recipe via UNREGISTERED Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: Tabouli Bread
 Categories: Breadmaker, Breads
      Yield: 1 servings

--------------------------------1 POUND LOAF--------------------------------
    1/2 c  Water
      2 c  White bread flour
      1 tb Sugar
    3/4 ts Salt
      2 tb Chopped dried apricots
      2 tb Chopped black olives
    1/2 tb Olive oil
    1/4 c  Tabouli mix
      2 tb Yogurt
      2 ts Yeast (active dry)

  ** Tabouli mix can be found in health food stores.

-----

---------- Recipe via UNREGISTERED Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: New York-Florida Rye
 Categories: Breadmaker
      Yield: 15 servings

      1 pk Yeast
      1 c  Rye flour +
      2 tb Gluten*
      3 c  Bread flour *
      2 tb Buttermilk  powder
      1 tb Sugar
      1 ts Salt
      1 tb Honey
      1 tb Butter
  1 1/2 tb Caraway seeds
  1 1/2 c  Water

  PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR THE BIG 1 1/2 LB. BREAD MAKER SCALE DOWN FOR YOUR
  NEEDS. Put on white bread mode. I don't have a turbo so I don't know how it
  would be on that mode. Hope you'all enjoy!

  MORT'S NOTE:  I use plain flour (not bread flour) and never the gluten. It
  still comes up high and tastes delcious....

-----

---------- Recipe via UNREGISTERED Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: Picante Bread
 Categories: Breadmaker, Breads
      Yield: 1 servings

      2 c  Bread Flour
      1 c  Picante Sauce
    1/2 c  Cornmeal
  1 1/2 ts Yeast

  NOTES : Try with Pace's medium sauce

-----

---------- Recipe via UNREGISTERED Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: Portugese Sweet Bread
 Categories: Breadmaker, Breads
      Yield: 1 servings

      3 tb Instant potato flakes
    1/4 c  Sweetened cond. milk
    1/2 c  Water
    1/2 ts Vanilla extract
    1/4 ts Lemon extract OR
           Grated rind of 1 lemon
      2    Eggs
      3 c  Bread flour
      1 ts Salt
      4 tb Applesauce (butter)
    1/3 c  Sugar
           Pinch gound nutmeg
      3 ts Active dry yeast
      1    Egg white, lightly beaten

  Place all ingred. except egg white in bread pan, sleect Dough setting and
  press Start. When dough has risen long enough, the machine will beep. Turn
  off bread machine, remove bread pan, and turn out dough onto a floured
  countertop or cutting board. Grease an 8 or 9 " pie tin. Gently roll and
  stretch dough into 30" rope of even thickness from one end to other.
  Starting at one end and working to the other, gently twist rope. Place one
  end of twisted rope of dough in the center of the greased pie tin;
  carefully coil the rest around the center, filling the pan. Cover and let
  rise in warm oven at least 1 hour until doubled. Preheat oven 325. Brush
  dough with egg white. Bake for 50 to 60 min. until brown. Remove from oven,
  cool on rack in pan. When cool, remove from pan, thinly slice, and serve.
  HINT: To warm oven slightly, turn oven on warm setting for 2 min., then
  turn it off, and place covered dough in oven to rise. Remove pan from oven
  to preheat)
   Adapted from Linda Rehberg & Lois Conway's BREAD MACHINE MAGIC

-----

---------- Recipe via UNREGISTERED Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: Whole Wheat Sunflower Bread
 Categories: Breadmaker, Breads
      Yield: 1 servings

           1 pound loaf
    1/3 c  Old fash rolled oats
    5/8 c  Buttermilk
      1    Egg
      1 c  Whole wheat flour
      1 c  Bread flour
      2 ts Wheat gream
      1 ts Salt
      1 tb Applesauce
      1 tb Brown sugar
           Grated rind 1 orange
    1/4 c  Sunflower seeds
    1/4 ts Baking soda
      3 ts Yeast

  Crust light. Bake.

-----

---------- Recipe via UNREGISTERED Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: Apple Oatmeal Bread with Raisins
 Categories: Breadmaker, Breads
      Yield: 1 servings

    1/2 c  Old rolled oats - 1/3
    5/8 c  Water - 1/2
    1/2 c  Unsweeten applesauce - 1/3
  2 3/4 c  Bread flour - 1 3/4
  1 1/2 ts Salt - 1
      2 tb Brown sugar - 1
  1 1/2 tb Nonfat dry milk powder - 1 T
  1 1/2 tb Applesauce* - 1 T
    1/3 c  Raisins - 1/4
      1 ts Ground cinnamon - 1 t
  1 1/2 ts Yeast*

  Place in bread pan. Select light crust setting. *Welbilt/Dak 1 1/2 pound
  machines take 2 teaspoons. Recipe calls for 1 1/2 T butter...I use
  applesauce. Not too moist. Hold back some water to begin with. Flavor
  outstanding. Very moist, but not soggy. Use Instant active yeast 1 3/4 t
  for large loaf.

  1 1/2 lb. loaf - Bread Machine Magic 96

-----