About ABM recipes

Gloriamarie Amalfitano <gma@adnc.com>
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 14:24:15 -0800
v098.n027.19
Hello, I am lurking on this list as I am brand new to the world of electric
bread.  I found a Zojirushi Bread Machine at CostCo for just under $70 and
I snapped it up.  I have been making my own bread in it now and I am very
pleased with the results of all I have tried.

I suppose I could go out and spend money on an ABM cookbook, but I find I
am less and less inclined to go out and buy cookbooks because, thanks to
the InterNet, I already have more new recipes than I could ever cook in my
life even if I cooked a new recipe three times a day and never ever
repeated one.  So why purchase more?

As i read these various recipes, many of them suggest using the ABM to mix
and knead but to remove the bread from the pan for some final shaping, such
as a challah braid or to make rolls or buns.  Others say to remove the
bread and bake manually but there is no shaping taking place.

Now, this question may seem stupid to some, but i have long worked on the
principle espoused by Sister Padua (1st grade) and Sister Stella Maria
(3rd) that if I have a question, I should ask it because some one else in
the class has that same question but is too shy to ask it.  Not being a shy
person, it was no problem for me to stick my hand up.  And whaddya know,
they were right, but then of course they were, they were nuns, or such was
our thinking in 1st and 3rd grades.  Regardless of how I may feel about
religious issues today, I find their principle sound, so...here's my
question....

If the recipe says to remove the bread from the bread pan and bake manully,
is there any reason why I couldn't just let it bake in the ABM?  Granted,
I'd loose the shaping, but if I didn't care particularly about that, does
it matter?  TIA

--
Gloriamarie, writing to you from San Diego, celebrating the Return of
Perfect Weather.  Come and enjoy it with me!!

 The trouble with life is, you're half way through it before you realize
it's a "do it yourself" thing.

mailto:gma@adnc.com