"Pizza" Bread

Sun, 17 May 1998 21:53:13 -0700
v098.n040.12
A friend sent me this recipe.  She stated the pizza bread is a long time
tradition in our family.  She uses the bread machine to make the dough and
then hand forms it and bakes it in the oven. Do not make this into a loaf
of bread in the machine.

Hope you enjoy this too.

Reggie

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                              "Pizza" Bread

Recipe By     : Julia Colonna Thomas
Categories    : Breads                           Ethnic
                Bread Bakers Mailing List        Bread Machine
                Low Fat                          Pizza

   1 1/4  Cups          water
   3      Cups          bread flour
   1 1/2  Teaspoons     salt
   2      Teaspoons     dry yeast

Place into the bread machine in the order given.  Place on dough or pizza
cycle.  Both work well.  Remove when finished and shape into a round in a
pie pan which is oiled.  Let rise approximately 30 minutes.  For pizza
bread...put finger holes in top.  Rub with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes.  (This produces a flatten bread which I
believe ended up being named Foccaccio! with some additional toppings.)
For a loaf of bread, I do the same thing, except that I do not punch holes
in the top.  I lightly rub the top with olive oil...not necessary and bake
at 400F.
For pizza....this will yield two pans of thin crust.  Top and bake this at
425F.

>From: "tess@shore.intercom.net" <tess@shore.intercom.net>

NOTES : This bread is not good baked in the bread machine.