Excellent bread-making book

Fred Smith <fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 07:36:54 -0400
v098.n044.6
> From: "J. Mathew" <joanm@bigfoot.com>
> Subject: Excellent bread-making book
>
> For anyone looking for a comprehensive reference of bread-making
> recipes that include instructions for hand, mixer, and/or food
> processor, Bernard Clayton's _New Complete Book of Breads_ is
> wonderful.  This is a book I go back to again and again.  It's quite
> a hefty tome, and not cheap.  It is well worth the bucks for a
> hard-cover copy, though.
>
> Joan

While I haven't seen the "New Complete Book of Breads" I do have the
ORIGINAL (i.e., first edition) of the "Complete Book of Breads". It is
over 20 years old and is falling to pieces. It is certainly without a
doubt the best bread-makers book I've ever encountered, so I would
expect no less of the new one!

FYI, Bernard Clayton Jr. has also published other books on baking and
cooking. There may be others, but the two I've seen (and own) are on
pies and pastries, and soups and stews. Needless to say they are also
worth the money!

Fred
--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ----------------------------