blue bread

"J. Mathew" <joanm@bigfoot.com>
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 09:13:28 -0500
v098.n051.10
> my two-year-old son keeps asking me to bake a blue bread, but I don't want
> to use any artificial colours. Do you have any suggestions?

Let me see if I can brainstorm a bit on this idea...haven't really tried
it (yet), but I think it would probably work:

I would probably start with some kind of sweet bread dough, and
add blueberries.  If you get canned blueberries there is usually lots
of juice, and you can just dump that in for part of the liquid to make
it really blue.  Probably even fresh blueberries would have enough
juice in them to make areas of intense blue -- they usually do in
muffins, so I don't see how it would be too much different for bread.
Depends on how much blue you want throughout.

Does your son like Smurfs...?    :)    You can call it Smurf bread!!

Hope that helps to start the brainstorming,
Joan