Ezekiel Bread

"Donna M. Walter" <dmwalter@tradenet.net>
Wed, 15 Jul 98 16:48:05 -0000
v098.n053.13
>From: idaspooner@juno.com (Kerrie Spooner)
>Subject: Re: EZEKIEL Fasting BREAD
>Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 13:15:52 EDT
No measurements were included.  Can anyone tell me how to
make this bread?
          Hello-- I found these two recipies  on the Village Bakery site.

            Posted by Cindy
             On December 26, 1996
             Leavened with yeast

                            Ezekiel Fasting Bread

2 1/2 cups hard red wheat
1 1/2 cups spelt or rye
1/2 cup hulled barley
1/2 cup millet
1/4 cup green lentils
2 T. great northern beans
2 T. red kidney beans
2 T. pinto beans

Stir the above ingredients very well. Grind in flour mill.

Measure into large bowl:
4 cups lukewarm water
1 cup honey
1/2 cup oil
2 T. Red Star Yeast
Set aside for 3-5 minutes to allow yeast to grow.

Add to yeast mixture:
2 t. salt
fresh milled flour from above mixture of grains

Stir until well kneaded about 10 minutes. This is a batter type bread an
will not form a smooth ball.

Pour dough into greased pans. You may use 2 large loaf pans or 3 med. loaf
pans or 2-9x13 pans. Let rise in a warm place for one hour or until the
dough is almost to the top of the pan. If it rises too much it will over
flow the pan while baking. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes for loaf pans and
35-40 minutes for 9x13 pans.

For fasting, divide bread into 8 equal parts weighing 1/2 pound each. Eat
1/2 pound cake and drink a quart of water every day.
             Posted by Kay G.
             On February 12, 1998
             Leavened with sourdough

                          Sour Dough Ezekeil Bread

1-1/2 c. hard winter white wheat
1-1/2 c. rye
1/2 c. barley
1/2 c. millet
1/4 c. green lentils
2 T. great northern beans
2 T. red kidney beans
2 T. pinto beans
2 T. black beans
1 T. alfalfa seeds
--Stir and grind above ingredients--

--Mix in large bowl or mixer--
2-1/2 c. starter*
1-1/2 c. lukewarm water
1-1/4 c. honey
1/2 c. oil
2 t. yeast
--Set aside and let yeast activate--

--Add to yeast mixture--
4 c. fresh milled ingredients
2 c. bread flour

Stir until well kneaded
Wait 20 minutes.
Add 2 t. salt

Ferment for 3 hours.
Form into two loaves and cover w/saran.
Wait 1 hour.
Refrigerate 8-12 hours.

Remove from refrigerator and ferment approx. 4 hrs.
Bake at 450 45-50 minutes.

*I feed my starter w/ half bread flour and half home-milled wheat.
                             From the Village Bakery site