Rice Flour Bread

"Mega-bytes" <mega-bytes@email.msn.com>
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 08:02:15 -0400
v098.n059.16
*******************
Yvonne wrote:

I would like to get a recipe to make it myself.  She told me it
contained only Rice Flour, Salt, Water and something that started with a 'M'
(??)  No yeast, wheat or gluten.  It looked like it was made from a batter
as
opposed to a risen dough.  It was baked in a loaf pan and was only maybe 3"
high.  It was very dense and cake-like.  This particular bread contained
flax
seeds, which I could easily add to any recipe.

Yvonne
************************

Yvonne,

I'm sure this is not the recipe you're looking for but it doesn't contain
any yeast,
wheat or gluten.  I haven't made it, so cannot tell you whether it's good or
not.

Martha

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                           Rice Batter Bread II

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Breads

   2       c            AM Brown Rice Flour
   2       tb           Non-alum baking powder
     1/2   ts           Sea salt (optional)
     1/4   c            Potato starch or other flour
   2                    Eggs -- beaten (optional)
   1       c            Water or soymilk
   2       tb           AM Unrefined Vegetable Oil
   3       tb           Honey

  Mix dry ingredients and liquid ingredients separately; then combine both
  mixtures.  Pour into oiled and floured 4" x 8" loaf pan and bake 45-50
  minutes at 350 F.  Let cool completely in pan.

  Source: Arrowhead Mills "Recipes for Special Dietary Needs" tri-fold
  Reprinted by permission of Arrowhead Mills, Inc.
  Electronic format courtesy of: Karen Mintzias